You are not logged in.

#16 2011-08-25 15:15:52

Printer

Re: Our Fall Election

The scary part is just how many people fall for BS like that.

In the immortal words of Kelly Bundy "The mind wobbles".

#17 2011-08-25 18:18:45

scooter
Administrator

bulldog wrote:

i have had a lot of john wilkenson robot calls............ so many in fact that i do not want to hear his voice again.............

It's very interesting these calls.  I was not one of the fortunate to receive them but I've heard from at least 2 friends who did indeed receive a call from the "Ministry of the Environment" which they suggested was not much more than a tax-funded campaign message.  From those who did receive these calls, is this a fair assessment?  What was the main message in the call?

I am fairly certain that Mr. Wilkinson will keep his seat this fall (and deservedly so in my opinion based on the alternatives), but there are definitely some things that need to be improved particularly in our riding.

#18 2011-08-25 18:25:07

scooter
Administrator

logicisscary wrote:

Sooo, Dalt has come in magically with a $5,000,000,000.00 lower deficit this fine election year.  I want an audit-NOW of the books BEFORE the election.

It is a valid point.  Every election whoever gets in seems to be shocked at the so-called real state of affairs once they get through the creative election year accounting.

I saw a funny tweet this week that said something like "Great work on the savings in the deficit, I probably don't need a doctor that badly anyway."

#19 2011-08-25 19:29:19

Cougs

scooter wrote:

From those who did receive these calls, is this a fair assessment?  What was the main message in the call?

Scooter, you don't think that we actually LISTENED to the messages, do you??
wink

#20 2011-08-25 19:34:11

scooter
Administrator

Cougs wrote:

Scooter, you don't think that we actually LISTENED to the messages, do you??
wink

lol. smile

#21 2011-08-25 21:33:56

Steel

scooter wrote:

From those who did receive these calls, is this a fair assessment?  What was the main message in the call?

I am fairly certain that Mr. Wilkinson will keep his seat this fall (and deservedly so in my opinion based on the alternatives), but there are definitely some things that need to be improved particularly in our riding.

A fair assessment?....the guy has his mug everywhere at every fuction in every news paper shot...and we get to endure nothing more than a telemarketing campagin....problem is the "do not call"  list doesn't apply to him.

As for him being re-elected....yes I will reluctantly agree that this is a high probablilty. Randy Pettapiece never stood a chance, he is not up on issues affecting Stratford (as an example did not know that we were fighting to get the west end of the GO line to stop here...in fact did not really even know what GO was or what it stood for)...and seems to be in a bit of a fog regarding almost anything except agriculture. He is soft spoken and not fast on his feet....Wilkinson will eat his lunch in the end.

#22 2011-08-25 21:43:05

Printer

There have been Wilkinson-Liberal campaign postcards delivered with the Gazette for the last 3-4 weeks in a row but they are being sent to the carriers with a list and are only being delivered to the addresses on the list, give or take about half the homes.

In the past, campaign literature was bulk delivered to every home.  Now they seem to have a list of addresses they want their propaganda selectively delivered to.

How was this list created?

#23 2011-08-25 22:54:05

rankinfile

I got a robocall yesterday from Wilkinson about 3 in the afternoon and again about 6:45.  Sorry I cant confirm the message--I just hung up after the intro.

But at least it was via Bombay.

#24 2011-08-25 23:44:08

scooter
Administrator

Yeah, the crazy thing is that these robocalls (as far as I can tell) are being funded by the Government of Ontario (ie. our own tax money), not the Liberal party.  Someone was telling me they had something to do with the windmills and that residents should expect a *second* call in the not too distant future.  I guess they had some extra money to spend once they realized they were up $5.7 billion from where they thought they were.

#25 2011-08-26 08:30:37

Steel

I've known John for a long time before he got into politics. He is intelligent and generally an ok guy...but looking back you could see this coming. The idea of drinking the kool-aid thats fed to him and then espousing it to everyone as gospel was very much the way this guy lives. Of course in position he is now in he is fed the kool-aid from Dalt and his inner circle and thoroughly indocternated into the whole Liberal thing. You can hear when he talks...its like a canned sales presentation...oh question #63....brain finds response #37A....and out it comes...just like a tape over and over again.

I have never liked a "yes" man. Wilkinson is a yes man. He has lost whatever ability he once had to think on is own and not blindly follow the party line. As an example...He flatting stated during the evening at the Lions club that Ontarians loved the LCBO and had no appetite for booze being sold elsewhere. A formal poll comes out and he continues to stick to the party line. In the next breath he will state the party line that "we are listening to the people".

He has had a great ability to get people to eat out of his hand. It will be interesting to see if that continues through this election. I agree with scoots...he will probably be reelected in this riding.......but he will probably find himself sitting in opposition which will be a huge blow to his ego. He also will have to loose the yes man approach if he is to survive another election as people will expect him to actually listen and act on what they are telling him......something he may have great difficulty doing.

#26 2011-08-26 15:17:36

logicisscary

I agree Steel- John just needs to develop a spine and stop letting Dalt control the strings and mouth part of his body.

I still find it terribly interesting that his profession is HST exempt!  I find it interesting that he has no courage to attend wind meetings (I am pro wind by the way, but he should attend, its kinda his job).  I find it interesting that a financial planner can tow Dalts lie's on health care taxes making things better (NOT), HST will reduce prices (NOT) and that the now the deficit is suddenly lower than expected (BETTING NOT). 

John, grow a pair, stand up to dip sh** Dalt and do the right thing, not the politically safe thing for your leader.   Oh yeah, John, by the way WE'RE YOUR LEADER, NOT DALT!!!

#27 2011-08-26 15:18:46

logicisscary

Oh yeah, the calls.  I've taken it upon myself to call Johns office and play music off my IPOD for him (not the good stuff either).  I'm thinking his house is next if the calls don't stop!  I have had something close to 8 calls in 4 days.  Hell, my dog hates his voice now too!

#28 2011-08-26 22:31:46

rankinfile

Come on guys..give your head a shake.  Our MPP is part of a team..he has a boss.  Sure he represents us the electorate, but not all residents voted for him.  Hence not all will ever agree with what ever he says.  So not all will ever be in favour of him.  But he is also a cabinet minister,,,part of the governing party.  The party generally must speak with one voice, supporting the policies of the governing party, weather or not they personally have issues with these policies.  They still MUST speak in favour.

Lets say you worked for a company, and were at a meeting where your CEO was making a public announcement about your product.  Would you in this public forum ask your CEO why your company continued to produce trash??  That the CEO was an utter drip, and that he lied when he stated your goods were the best thing since sliced bread.  Do you think your boss would look at you with continued favour??  What about your fellow workers.  I think not!!!

Yes, it is disappointing for the public not to hear our MPP represent an opinion which is not from the "play book", but is there really any other option??

"Well, sure, I know my boss likes the HST, but quite personally as an accountant I think it is just a crock and think it should be repealed?"  Yea, you think that could actually happen.  Of course not.

Board footer