You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » City Sports
  •  » Not a good start for Stratford's Premier Soccer Teams...

#1 2011-05-22 15:37:45

scooter
Administrator

Not a good start for Stratford's Premier Soccer Teams...

Well, so far Stratford City has taken a 6 - 3 loss against Sonnys FC and a 3 - 0 loss against Feds United while Perth County FC took a 8 - 1 loss against Feds United.

Has last year's politics caused us (ie. Stratford) to now have 2 weak teams rather than just one?  Also, does anyone know why Stratford City FC is playing in the KDSL Premier league?  I thought they were relegated at the end of last year while Stratford United was to move up.  Did they just switch some players and get permission to continue in the premier league because of all the additions etc. to the league?

Either way, good luck to both teams.  Hopefully we don't end up with both relegated back down at the end of this year.

#2 2011-05-23 12:31:58

Steel

Re: Not a good start for Stratford's Premier Soccer Teams...

scooter wrote:

Well, so far Stratford City has taken a 6 - 3 loss against Sonnys FC and a 3 - 0 loss against Feds United while Perth County FC took a 8 - 1 loss against Feds United.

Has last year's politics caused us (ie. Stratford) to now have 2 weak teams rather than just one?  Also, does anyone know why Stratford City FC is playing in the KDSL Premier league?  I thought they were relegated at the end of last year while Stratford United was to move up.  Did they just switch some players and get permission to continue in the premier league because of all the additions etc. to the league?

Either way, good luck to both teams.  Hopefully we don't end up with both relegated back down at the end of this year.

Politics in Stratford sports is as old as the Arena. Stratford has for years screwed up many competitive travel teams just because of someone's name...or because no one is supposed to actually get better than anyone else.

Girls softball is my favourite....Stratford no longer has a 16U (bantam) team...completely gutted due to politics. The girls that made to Teir 2 nationals last year are still playing of course...just not here. Short sightedness of organizations is unbeleivable. Not only is there no Bantam now...but no Midget next year and so on...

When my brother and I were competing...we moved to our training to London and Toronto to avoid the issues here. We have moved our daughter's softball out of Stratford 3 seasons ago.....

• Index
  •  » City Sports
  •  » Not a good start for Stratford's Premier Soccer Teams...

Board footer