You are not logged in.

#16 2009-10-24 09:53:35

Miss Manners

Re: University should not be downtown.

That's the weakest piece of crap theory I have heard in a long time.
In any "university town" , such as Peterborough,London,Kingston etc, students flock to independent niche eaterys and bars for sustenance and entertainment.The success of Kingston and Peterboroughs' respective downtown core is because of the student patronage and the influence of the university.
Cheap food doesn't mean fast unnutritional food,unprocessed food like vegetables and fruit can be bought for far less at a farmers market or cornerstore that's down the street than having to walk out to the walmart or loblaws.

badboycharger wrote:

As a student I cant afford the high prices for food in the downtown core. Besides if I am going to go and spend that kind of money, I would go to walmart,  buy the things I need and eat at Mc Donalds and get more bang for my buck, students budgets are to tight to be spending big bucks on dinners downtown.

#17 2009-10-24 10:48:06

Steel

badboycharger wrote:

As a student I cant afford the high prices for food in the downtown core. Besides if I am going to go and spend that kind of money, I would go to walmart,  buy the things I need and eat at Mc Donalds and get more bang for my buck, students budgets are to tight to be spending big bucks on dinners downtown.

I see....training yourself to a future leader within the country by getting a higher education and yet you can't figure out where to go in downtown stratford for a meal deal?

You don't deserve a university education if you can't figure that rather simple thing out.

#18 2009-12-07 20:16:39

CommonMan

mr.nelson wrote:

The court dates are staying in Kitchener and would have been faster for the City except the Lawyers did not file the paperwork like Lawrence did, and now they have to delay it Until Jan.
That gives them time to put together there own paperwork to back up the facts, they want to move quickly on possesion, due to time constraints for the University but failed to file anything.
This also upset the Judge because they knew they had to attend court and showed up unprepared.
Really the paper trails keep getting longer, and taxpayers costs keep getting higher. Looks like another OMB hearing soaring out of control and wasting taxpayers dollars.
Even the papers are not telling you the full story. In the long run it will be the taxpayers that pay for it out of their pockets.
Like the commercial on tv [Who is in your wallet] Stratford?

Go alot faster if Ryan and his bad of twinkies would just leave us alone.  Go away, chow, hasta so longa, git-outta-here, so long, ta ta, ba bye.  Ryan, notice how NO ONE except Lloyd and Mr. Nelson and maybe a few goof balls from the Black Angus crowd, support you.  Do the city, the citizens and the planet a favour- GO AWAY!  All in favour....

Shop Local-Live Local-avoid Big Box stores at all cost-be a true Stratford citizen.  Its worth it!

#19 2009-12-08 09:52:11

Steel

CommonMan wrote:

mr.nelson wrote:

The court dates are staying in Kitchener and would have been faster for the City except the Lawyers did not file the paperwork like Lawrence did, and now they have to delay it Until Jan.
That gives them time to put together there own paperwork to back up the facts, they want to move quickly on possesion, due to time constraints for the University but failed to file anything.
This also upset the Judge because they knew they had to attend court and showed up unprepared.
Really the paper trails keep getting longer, and taxpayers costs keep getting higher. Looks like another OMB hearing soaring out of control and wasting taxpayers dollars.
Even the papers are not telling you the full story. In the long run it will be the taxpayers that pay for it out of their pockets.

Go alot faster if Ryan and his bad of twinkies would just leave us alone.  Go away, chow, hasta so longa, git-outta-here, so long, ta ta, ba bye.  Ryan, notice how NO ONE except Lloyd and Mr. Nelson and maybe a few goof balls from the Black Angus crowd, support you.  Do the city, the citizens and the planet a favour- GO AWAY!  All in favour....

Aye

#20 2009-12-08 16:22:50

curious

I would like to see your point of view but I can't stick my head that far up my arse.

Who is in your Wallet?  It certainly isn't Stratford. Their bid was $500k.  They are not the ones insisting that citizen's pay $20 million for a burnt-out neglected brownfield.

Last edited by curious (2009-12-08 16:23:13)

The adjective 'random' describes the weaker mind's inability to grasp the larger pattern.

#21 2009-12-08 18:00:51

Steel

mr.nelson wrote:

Waste of our $'s??....I think not. I would welcome a OMB hearing as it would ultimately cost a fraction of the rediculous and insanely inflated idea Larry has of the value of his rusting, decayed hulk of a building.

I can't wait to see Larry slammed in court and get stuck with the legal bills..which in the end will probably amount to the same amount he will get from the city....whioch means he will get NOTHING...which is exactly what he deserves.

#22 2009-12-09 13:39:39

spankie

The only one wasting our money is Ryan. So much for his campaign of being the supposed guardian of the people. If he really wanted to represent the people of Stratford he'd kick his own ass out of town.

Board footer