You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-08 11:26:17

Stratfordian

Mathieson Must be Quaking....

After reading about the recent mayoral debate, I can't help but think how much Dan must be staying awake at night in a cold sweat over his chances on election day.

Sniff.  Sniff.

Is that sarcasm I smell?

Matt Guitar Murphy, Constable (retired) Tinfoil-hat Weatherall, and Mr. Cab Driver.

Yikes.....

#2 2014-10-08 13:42:27

spankie

Re: Mathieson Must be Quaking....

Ya a really bunch of winners there. So how is mister tinfoil going to make his change anyways as it's the province that forced the meters on municipalities? Run for Premier? Couldn't be any worse than Wynne.

#3 2014-10-09 08:26:54

Stratfordian

Actually, I think TFH COULD be worse than Wynne!

#4 2014-10-09 10:56:04

spankie

Stratfordian wrote:

Actually, I think TFH COULD be worse than Wynne!

OK maybe a little. But he could fit as mayor of TO, so he should go back.

#5 2014-10-12 07:44:06

bulldog

The cab driver may be a very distant second to Dan as he talks the issues that appeals to the seniors,,,,who he knows as he is a cab driver and a bingo player,,,,,,,Constable Electra should have at least combed his hair for the event at least any attempt to cover the bald spot would have lessoned the electromagnetic radiation going through his skull.......I love the idea of hundreds of gondolas employing the less fortunate homeless people,,,,,,,,they can live in the gondolas at night......this place will look like a cross between Venice and Ho Chi Min City......Democracy is Awsome.....

#6 2014-10-15 18:04:57

spankie

Then people complain when the same people get re-elected. Maybe if there was a clause saying idiots can't run it might help.

#7 2014-10-17 10:14:49

Steel

bulldog wrote:

.......I love the idea of hundreds of gondolas employing the less fortunate homeless people,,,,,,,,they can live in the gondolas at night......this place will look like a cross between Venice and Ho Chi Min City......Democracy is Awsome.....

Turn them up-side down during the winter in and around the boat house and give them a tarp to cover them....they would have Gondominiums then to live in during the winter.

#8 2014-10-19 10:23:27

bulldog

gondominiums are a great idea, Steel,,,, Upper Thames Conservation Authority may have to be consulted due to the regulatory flood plain elevations but certainly for our councilor hopefull who is a planner for Waterloo Region, the idea will meet her goal of urban intensification,,,,,,the Via Rail may need a spur line down to the river to provide mass transit for the gondominium development........

#9 2014-10-20 16:58:58

Steel

Bully....nono....we will need to provide a LRT line from the river to the train station....no wait that would be above ground....I am sure Martin Weathervane will want a subway to shield the Gondominium owners for the electro-magnetic radiation while they are whisked to the station.

#10 2014-10-21 10:43:59

spankie

So I like how we should provide public housing to seasonal buskers so they aren't homeless. Imagine the concept of buskers being forced to go to other cities during the off season here. Scandalous.

#11 2014-10-23 02:38:14

bulldog

Mayor hopeful Murphy bows out of race due to national terrorist threat,,,,,and lack of Gondolas......

The Beacon Herald reports the following.......

the fatal shootings at Parliament Hill Wednesday have prompted Stratford mayoral candidate Matthew Murphy to drop out of the race.

“Because of the events in Ottawa this morning, and in Quebec the other day, I feel that it is my duty to withdraw from candidacy for mayor and desist from any and all activities in opposition to Mayor Mathieson,” Murphy wrote in an email. “Whatever our differences, I personally feel that, at this time, we could have no better man in charge. Captain, do not fail me again.”

Contacted Wednesday, Murphy said he has always been concerned about the safety of the community, especially given the high-profile individuals who occasionally visit the Stratford Festival.

This week’s attacks have underscored that concern, he said, adding that the city should be on a list of places in Canada that require extra protection and federal security.

“And the man to pull that off is not me. It’s Dan,” said Murphy. “He’s better with people than I am. He has that remarkable gift of persuasion. I have limited diplomatic skills. I’m supposed to be in the front lines, not behind them.”

Despite withdrawing from the four-way race for mayor with Mathieson, Don Robinson and Martin Weatherall, Murphy’s name will remain on the ballot.

City clerk Joan Thomson said legislation does not allow a municipality to remove a candidate’s name from the ballot after the Sept. 12 nomination deadline.

It’s the responsibility of a candidate to inform voters that he or she does not intend to take office if elected, she added.

Electronic voting in Stratford began Monday and will continue this week in the lead-up to election day Oct. 27.

Thomson said Wednesday afternoon that more than 3,000 people have cast their ballots so far.

mike.beitz@sunmedia.ca

Board footer