You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-14 10:20:36

Steel

Beertown (Waterloo)

Beertown is located in Waterloo Square in downtown Waterloo. This is a Charcoal Group product and like all of their products it is done very well. This place has three areas, a large patio over looking Waterloo Square, a 3 season Beer garden with its own bar and the inside restaurant. We were seated inside. The main bar is a very large U shape with what can only be described as a jumbotron on the back wall. Banks of flat screens are everywhere in the place so you don't want for watching something.

We were greeted by the hostess and took a seat at the bar to wait for our table. I ordered a Steigel (Austrian lager) and GF a Sleeman. Mine came in a branded glass with matching coaster....very European of them. The wait was about 15 minutes and the place was very busy. We were seated at a table for 2. All of the tables are raised slightly and you sit on what could be described as a half stool...with a chair back of course. Behind us was a row of Banquettes which would seat 4 to 6 people each and each had their own beer tap in the center. You can pour your own and it is digitally metered on a small LED screen on the tap.

I ordered their Bacon and cheddar burger and GF ordered the Mac and cheese with chicken and bacon. We had a second round of drinks. Food came and the portions were as they should have been...large. I say this because this place has a very beer hall atmosphere and you would expect the portions to generous. The burger was excellent..one of the best I have had in a long while and fries where great too. GF's Mac and Cheese was equal to the task. It was made with Balderson extra sharp old cheddar with large chunks of chicken and big pieces of bacon.

Service was prompt and even though the place was very busy there was no sign of the kitchen or the staff being stressed. This is yet another in a lengthening list of Charcoal products. The ones we have been to have all met a very high standard for food, service and atmosphere. They have come a long way from being the Charcoal Steak House on the second floor of the old Hi-way market building back in the 60's. The next one we are heading for is Bauer Café....if its like Wildcraft and Beertown it should be a winner too.

#2 2014-04-25 23:36:07

Cougs

Re: Beertown (Waterloo)

Rumor has it that they are looking for a location to open a Beertown in Stratford.

#3 2014-04-26 22:16:42

Steel

Re: Beertown (Waterloo)

gets my vote!

Board footer