You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-07 12:19:57

scooter
Administrator

The EM debate...

Alrighty, in order to keep the other thread focused on "Who's running..." I've decided open a new thread for all who want to think about EM waves.

My own opinion is that I don't think any of this is as obvious as everyone seems to think it is.  The reality is that cancer rates are highest in North America and Europe.  These rates are growing despite a healthier population with less smokers.  They are growing at  the highest rates in developing countries where mobile networks are much more popular than land lines.  Is this because of EM waves?  Well, no not likely.  But is there enough evidence to discount the opinions of many smart people around the world? 

Do I believe that EM waves are killing us?  No.  Do I think they should make up any part of a municipal election?  No, probably not.  Am I going to laugh at someone who thinks more research should be done?  Never.  The reality is that the 4G network will operate in the same frequency range as most microwave ovens.  Would any of you put your head in a microwave?  I doubt it.

Sources:

http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/ratofcanwora.html
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/rel … 3/pr27/en/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellular_frequencies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven

#2 2010-08-07 17:25:18

CommonMan

Re: The EM debate...

This fella scares me for 1 reason- his platform is 1 little wafter thin issue.  He all but said ' oh yeah, and I'm kinda concerned about the taxes, budget and debt'. 

That said, his platform is crazy.  Why, he should also be fighting for all food sources to be certified organic; all water sources to be chlorine and flourine free; he should be working to get those dangerous 2000lb moving killing machines banned.  This kind of assault on 1 topic is a tedious waste of time.  So, lets ask our savour- what does he plan to do to save us from:
cars
wind towers
chlorine and flourine in water
and almost anything else that is killing us either directly or indirectly as a result of our progress over the last 200 years.

Oh yeah, is he using the internet to campaign and promote his anti waves stance?  Is he using hydro from a provincial source?  Has he driven his car to any event to promote his position?  Has he used a land line phone or cell phone- both use radio waves to complete transmission.

I guess what I'm saying is, this is NOT an election topic and should be a health position.  He should run for the position of Medical Officer.  He should also make sure he can save us from all the worlds ills and not just 1 little one.

Good luck buddy!  No vote from me-ever!

Shop Local-Live Local-avoid Big Box stores at all cost-be a true Stratford citizen.  Its worth it!

#3 2010-08-07 18:28:41

C0SM0S--

I met this guy last year and told him everything he wanted to hear. He said he was allergic to EM.  I said he was right to be concerned and that he needed to paint his whole house with metallic paint to create a Faraday cage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage).

I was stroking my cell phone in my pocket the whole time and he didn't even sneeze.

It seemed easier to just agree with him, rather than ask about his nice tin foil hat.

-Cos.

Last edited by C0SM0S-- (2010-08-07 18:30:29)

#4 2010-08-07 20:43:17

scooter
Administrator

smile

#5 2010-08-08 08:46:57

Steel

CommonMan wrote:

This fella scares me for 1 reason- his platform is 1 little wafter thin issue.  He all but said ' oh yeah, and I'm kinda concerned about the taxes, budget and debt'. 

That said, his platform is crazy.  Why, he should also be fighting for all food sources to be certified organic; all water sources to be chlorine and flourine free; he should be working to get those dangerous 2000lb moving killing machines banned.  This kind of assault on 1 topic is a tedious waste of time.  So, lets ask our savour- what does he plan to do to save us from:
cars
wind towers
chlorine and flourine in water
and almost anything else that is killing us either directly or indirectly as a result of our progress over the last 200 years.

Oh yeah, is he using the internet to campaign and promote his anti waves stance?  Is he using hydro from a provincial source?  Has he driven his car to any event to promote his position?  Has he used a land line phone or cell phone- both use radio waves to complete transmission.

I guess what I'm saying is, this is NOT an election topic and should be a health position.  He should run for the position of Medical Officer.  He should also make sure he can save us from all the worlds ills and not just 1 little one.

Good luck buddy!  No vote from me-ever!

All very true Commondude...most people that are on bents like this are hypocrites....they do things and interact everyday with the things they claim are so down right dangerous and give themselves a pass because "its unavoidable" or some other nonsense.

As for the 2,000 lb killing machine.....I rather like mine both my 4,200 lb and the 3,100 lb versions....both with sat-nav, radio, electronic just about everything....

#6 2010-08-08 09:04:44

bulldog

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … expectancy

there may be a link to life expectancy rates verses  cancer,,,  it would not surprise me that Europe and  North America have higher cancer rates because developed industrial nations have higher life expectancy rates.   Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and South korea are more developed than other areas of Asia so have higher life expectancy rates than India and China.   

With longer life comes more probability of cancer and the better the chance of medical treatment.

In the middle ages when your life expectancy was 30 you probably would have died from another disease or infection.   you would not have had time to get cancer.

the planet is a complex industrialized biosphere so how can you pick a source like electro magnetic waves and say that this is it, if we get rid of it, we will be OK?

man made EM has been around for 100 years or so yet our life expectancy levels have risen.   the paradox is that the ambulance ride to the hopital can save your life yet the paramedics are dispatched by radio waves and the ambulance produces nasties like carbon emmisions.

what do we do??????????

#7 2010-08-08 10:52:48

scooter
Administrator

I *think* that cancer is becoming more commonly diagnosed at younger ages though (but don't quote me on that, I haven't taken the time to even look for stats on such a claim.  I only say that because of what I've seen in my own close friends and family.) 

Also, there's a big difference between low frequency radio waves and higher frequency microwaves.  I think we can definitely agree that there is no harm coming from waves in the 10,000 Hz range.

bulldog wrote:

what do we do??????

Enjoy the time we're given I suppose. smile

#8 2010-08-08 12:32:10

C0SM0S--

What should we do? Live in a Faraday cage. That is what this guy should be doing. It is the only thing that will save you. Every day, twenty-four hours a day in a Faraday cage. If he isn't sleeping, eating and living in one; he is just crazy. The eminent danger we all face by going outside just isn't worth it. Stay inside, stay in your Faraday cage. I am. smile

I can see a big run on metal mesh screen at Home Hardware in the near future...

-Cos.

#9 2010-08-08 20:58:16

CommonMan

Hey Steel, I like my heavy metal kill'in machine too!  Soo comfey in the winter it is.   In fact, it's always warm or cool, close to my cell phone and wireless internet.  So, theoretically, I should be dead any day now- but I'm not givin up my ride!  :-)

Shop Local-Live Local-avoid Big Box stores at all cost-be a true Stratford citizen.  Its worth it!

#10 2010-08-11 08:45:34

Miss Manners

#11 2010-08-11 12:30:52

spankie

Miss Manners wrote:

http://xkcd.com/273/

LOL

#12 2010-08-14 22:36:19

mr.nelson

Monday night at 6:30 pm meet in the parking lot behind Sinclair's
if you are interested in seeing the dangers happening in Stratford
with regard to the different spots that have Microwave Radiation.
Martin Weatherall is an expert in this area and has equipment to show
how it spikes in different areas.
There is no charge and you should wear comfortable shoes for walking.
It will take between an hour and an hour and a half.

There was quite an article in The Toronto Sun this past Thursday.
Simcoe  county parents believe their children are getting sick from
WiFi transmitters set up in schools across the region. (page 10)

Everyone is welcome.

You Can't Fix Stupid!

#13 2010-08-15 07:17:01

Steel

mr.nelson wrote:

Everyone is welcome.

Neilson....you so are right...."you can't fix stupid"

#14 2010-08-15 08:22:52

mr.nelson

Steel wrote:

mr.nelson wrote:

Everyone is welcome.

Neilson....you so are right...."you can't fix stupid"

See you thair at 6.30 Steel.....or....Steeler?

You Can't Fix Stupid!

#15 2010-08-15 11:25:46

spankie

Christ you people want to talk about Microwave Radiation and it's affect on health. I spent almost ten years in the military living and working under the biggest Microwave generator going and it ain't killed me yet. Much as some of you might wish it had. I worked on Air Defence Radar sites exposed to Microwave Radiation day and night from the Radar systems. We're talking a generator that sends a pulse hundreds of miles and people are worried about the little coming from WiFi systems. PLEASE.

And how are these people going to stop us from having Wireless in our homes because they aint coming in my house and telling me what to do.

Board footer