You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-29 08:53:28

Stratford Thai

This place is located on Wellington Street almost across from the back of the LCBO. It was a clothing store and various other things including Let them eat cake if I recall (they should have stayed here instead of moving to that cavernous place they went to).

Anyway....we arrive around 7:15pm and were seated at a table for 4. Me, GF, GFD and GFS (Girl Friend's Daughter and Son). The décor is pleasant with the hardwood floors, off white walls and some art work here and there. If you are looking for romantic atmosphere this is not the place to go. It is cafeteria TV studio bright. The menu is extensive and that is usually a warning sign. In the end it wasn't an issue. There are about 15 tables and about 1/3rd were occupied at the time. Wait staff were friendly and although English was not their first language they understood and executed everything perfectly.

GF and I split a half litre of unremarkable Chilean Chardonnay. GFD and GFS stuck to water. GF ordered the vegetable spring rolls to start, me the calamari, GFS the spring roll shrimp. All came promptly with a small side of chili dipping sauce. Portions were well done and the food was hot and appeared freshly made. A good sign.

For our mains GF and I ordered Pad Thai...hers chicken mine shrimp. Both were well presented and a sizable portion. They were prepare excellently. One of the best Pad Thai dishes we have had. GFD ordered two apps... Crab lagoon and the Spring Rolls. I thing somewhere in translation Crab Rangoon...became Crab Lagoon on the menu as that is what this was. GFD said it was excellent on both accounts. GFS ordered a salmon in chili sauce with basil. It look incredibly good and considering there was not one drop left on the probably was. It came with a nice mango side salad and steamed rice.

All and all an excellent meal with good service. The 4 of us got out for a "C" note. We will have to try Mon-Thai next to compare.

Board footer