You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-15 18:39:26

rankinfile

Dalton Pulls the Plug

So he has pulled the plug.   Hmmm...was he just about to suffer the slings and arrows from the $230M  boondoggle from the cancellation of the two gas hydro facilities.  Might they have some GOOD information that he was personally involved in these cancellations to save a couple of liberal seats??

Looks like an election in the spring....with Liberals currently in THIRD place.

Alright.....lets hear the prognostications from the proletariat!!!!

#2 2012-10-15 19:14:09

robert m

Re: Dalton Pulls the Plug

Dalton was personally involved in a lot of shady deals and corruption and he wasnt the only one down there...

#3 2012-10-15 19:28:36

bulldog

a combination of half of a billion dollars or so spent on cancelling 2 power plants in exchange for some NIMBY LIBERAL VOTES...  now the paperwork is coming out...  also he is at war with the unions for the wage freeze saga and the province is almost bankrupt..................................

#4 2012-10-16 12:57:14

rankinfile

Well, it only took an hour after the news release last night for a telephone pollster (Forum I think) to call with a request "if "X" were to become the new Liberal leader are you more likely to vote Green (press 1 ), Liberals, (press 2 etc.) Conservatives or NDP".

Went through about 6 choices for new leader--but I was surprised to hear the option George Smitherman!

I got a laugh out of this quote in today's Star "McGinty's personal integrity remains unsullied, but the whiff of scandal and incompetence has been closing in on his minority government".  "Whiff"...this guy must be standing upwind---it is more of a "stench"!!

#5 2012-10-16 15:57:12

seekerofreason

Happiest day of my life.....so far....

#6 2012-10-17 07:16:34

Miss Manners

So.... could be spring but I'm placing an unofficial bet that it's going be called before then. The feds in minority position held an election in January - does a minority governing party have the right to prorogue the legislatiure for 5 months in order to hold a coronoation, er, "leadership convention" ?

" Plough in the dynamical plane, and harvest in parameter space."

#7 2012-10-17 07:21:44

Miss Manners

Also note, the Martin Liberals, the ruling party of the day decided upon an 8 wk writ, the longest election campaign ever, which included Christmas and New Years.

" Plough in the dynamical plane, and harvest in parameter space."

#8 2012-10-18 12:34:08

spankie

rankinfile wrote:

Well, it only took an hour after the news release last night for a telephone pollster (Forum I think) to call with a request "if "X" were to become the new Liberal leader are you more likely to vote Green (press 1 ), Liberals, (press 2 etc.) Conservatives or NDP".

Went through about 6 choices for new leader--but I was surprised to hear the option George Smitherman!

I got a laugh out of this quote in today's Star "McGinty's personal integrity remains unsullied, but the whiff of scandal and incompetence has been closing in on his minority government".  "Whiff"...this guy must be standing upwind---it is more of a "stench"!!

Well he is from TO and they were the ones who voted him back in.

Board footer